I had the privilege of working with my first mentor about three years ago. She instructed me to read The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson, then she asked me to write out my biggest dreams in all their glorious detail. At the top of the page I printed the following words:
My dreams are REAL. They are INEVITABLE.
I wrote out my biggest dreams in five different areas: travel, health, money, relationships and career. I read these dreams out loud nearly every single day, and I watched the magic start to happen. I caught the manifestation bug and became a student of Napoleon Hill and Wallace Wattles too. I have listened to their books more times than I can count, and I continue to listen in order to keep my mindset strong.
And guess what? Those dreams I wrote out three years ago – the ones I thought were the end-all-be-all of my life’s ambitions? I have outgrown them.
And now I’m ready to PLAY BIG.
Are you ready to play?
I am willing to bet you are already an expert manifester…
Here’s my take on manifestation, #WiselyWild style:
My cohort has been in an absolute tizzy about her manifestation skills. She was brooding again this morning, trying to figure out where she is going wrong. “I need to figure this out!” She needed help. I needed coffee. So I started the process of getting my coffee ready.
It suddenly occurred to me. We are already expert manifesters! We manifest coffee every single morning. What can we learn from manifesting coffee that we can apply to leveling up our game? I studied my proven coffee manifestation process step by step. Here is what I learned:
1. The coffee begins as just an idea in my mind. It is not yet a physical reality when I first think about it. It exists only in my mind. But the existence of that idea is a necessary first step. I can never manifest coffee if I don’t first think about it.
2. Once the thought seed is planted, my heart springs forth with desire. My heart says a hearty YES! to the idea of coffee, and that YES! becomes desire. The more I think about the experience of my morning coffee, the more I want it. Very soon, it becomes a burning desire. I must have coffee.
3. Once I have a burning desire for coffee, I have to take action. I have to want it badly enough to actually act. There are a number of factors working against me – I’m groggy, I don’t feel like making it, it’s too freaking cold to get out of the sleeping bag, etc. My desire for coffee must be strong enough to overcome all that stands in my way.
4. Once I decide to take action, I must gather together the appropriate supplies in order to begin the process of manifesting a beautiful cup of coffee. I will need grounds, a filter, water, a kettle to hold the water while it is heating, a heat source to boil the water, fuel to furnace the heat source, a light to ignite the fuel, and a mug to contain the piping hot, finished product.
5. Having gathered my supplies, I move according to the laws of brewing. I pour the water into the kettle and place the cap on it. I channel fuel into my camp stove. I light the stove and place the kettle over the flame. I place the filter over my mug and fill it with coffee grounds.
6. Having taken all the necessary action, I WAIT. I wait with faith and purpose. I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that coffee will be manifested. I believe that soon I will be sipping on my freshly brewed coffee, my hands curled around the warm, toasty mug, my nose inhaling the nutty, earthy aroma. All of my senses are rapt with anticipation.
7. In this waiting space, I have total freedom with my thoughts. I can choose to think things like:
* Why is this taking so long?!! Hurry up, coffee!!!
* I have better things to do than sit here and wait for coffee.
* Why do you hate me, coffee? Why do you have to make this so difficult?
* I am going to die before this damn coffee is ready.
* Why the hell do I want coffee anyway?
8. None of these thoughts are going to do anything to alter the laws of brewing. It is going to take as long as it takes for the coffee to manifest.
9. However, my attitude about coffee manifestation has the power to alter my experience with coffee. I could be anxious, frustrated, and angry and decide that coffee isn’t worth the effort. Or I could be giddy with joy at my impending bounty. Either experience is a choice I am totally free to make.
10. Knowing how much I love coffee, and knowing that I am a pro at manifesting coffee, I simply wait, trust the process, and know that my desire will be delivered and that it will be oh so glorious.
11. VOILA! When the time is right, my coffee dreams become physical reality. And it is so rewarding that I go ahead and make a second cup.